Day 1: Hanoi to Sapa by bus with a long trek Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van village (Lunch/ Dinner)
6.30 – 06.45: Pick up from your hotel/stay, get on big bus and depart for Sapa at 07.00 am. Along the way, you will have chance to contemplate the beauty of northwest mountains that terraced fields are sparkling in sunlight or dim in thick fog.
9.30: Follow the new highway from Hanoi to Lao Cai city with the first a short break for 30 minutes for breakfast or drink to fresh up then continue the trip to Sapa.
11.00: Second comfort break at Lao Cai city before approaching Sapa. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of mountains and rice terraces along the ways from Lao Cai to Sapa city.
13.00: Arrive Sapa Town with colorful traditional costumes of H’mong, Dzao, Tay ethnic People.
- Tour guide would pick up you to the hotel where you would stay to have lunch.
- Welcome and itinerary briefing
- Enjoy the lunch with local Vietnamese dishes.
14.30: A short drive to Y Linh Ho then trek through the rice terraces and along Muong Hoa Stream to the Black Hmong village of Lao Chai to see the spectacular landscape of Hoang Lien Son Mountain. You approach Ta Van village where Zay Ethnic People inhabits in late afternoon. Trekking distance is about 9 km and it lasts for 3.5 hours 17.45: Check in homestay; get to know the family of Dzay People. Spend time to enjoy the mountain life on Sunset. You may attend cooking local dishes with the family and enjoy dinner in peace. In the evening, you can join the local bar nearby with music and socialize with other tourists then overnight at Homestay at Ta Van Village
Day 2: Medium trek Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai village – Sapa – Hanoi (Breakfast/ Lunch)
8.00: Have breakfast prepared by the family and start a new day with more interesting trek.
8.45: Keep walking to the rice paddies where you have a nice photo session of the amazing surrounding landscapes. A trek through the bamboo forest and stop to have a panorama view of Giang Ta Chai village – home of red Dzao People. Trekking distance is about 4 km and it lasts for 2 hours.
11.00: Trek through the Giang Ta Chai Bridge to main road, bus picks you up to come back Sapa Town.
12.00 -12.30: Have a shower at hotel, check out.
12.30 – 13.30: Have lunch.
13.30 – 14.45: Relax and leisure on your own.
14.45 – 15.00: Meet all group members at hotel to get ready for Hanoi.
15.30: Get on bus to go back to Hanoi with two comfort breaks.
21.15: We say goodbye to you at your hotel/stay. Trip ends!
- Modern air – conditioning bus with comfortable seats from Hanoi – Sapa and return
- 2 bottles of water/ 2 ways/person on bus Ha Noi – Sapa – Ha Noi
- Modern bus in Sapa with experienced drivers
- English speaking tour leader escorted during the bus trip Hanoi – Sapa – Hanoi, local guide escorted in Sapa
- Meals as 2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast with local dishes
- All entrance tickets to indicated sites
- Single basic bed with mosquito net at Homestay at Ta Van Village
- Insurance during the time using the bus
- Beverages, travel insurance, VAT, personal expenses
- Others not clearly mentioned above
- Old people should not attend the long trek (9 km) due to its challenge and danger in case of rain
- Handicapped people and children under 6 years old should not attend this tour
- Homestay is totally different from hotel due to its basic and simple facilities
Thing to bring
- Warm clothes, scarf, hat, cap because the weather in Sapa is pretty unpredictable. It is normally cold in September, October, November, December, January, February and March
- Due to altitude of Sapa, it is sometimes foggy in December, January, February and March.
- Trekking shoes, sun glasses, sun cream, insect repellent are also necessary. You should take cash with you in Vietnam Dong because banking system in Sapa sometimes doesn’t function well. US Dollar, Euro, Australia Dollar are accepted in Sapa.
- You should take medicine with you although there are some chemist’s shops in Sapa in case you get sick.