Tour starts: 06.45am | Price: $159.00
Day 1: Hanoi – Sapa – Cat Cat (Lunch/ Dinner)
6.30 – 06.45: Pick up from your hotel/stay, get on big bus and depart for Sapa at 07.00 am. Along the way, you will have chance to contemplate the beauty of northwest mountains that terraced fields are sparkling in sunlight or dim in thick fog. 9.30: Follow the new highway from Hanoi to Lao Cai city with the first a short break for 30 minutes for breakfast or drink to fresh up then continue the trip to Sapa. 11.00: Second comfort break at Lao Cai city before approaching Sapa. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of mountains and rice terraces along the ways from Lao Cai to Sapa city. 13.00: Arrive Sapa Town with colorful traditional costumes of H’mong, Dzao, Tay ethnic People.
- Tour guide would pick up you to the hotel where you would stay to have lunch.
- Welcome and itinerary briefing
- Enjoy the lunch with local Vietnamese dishes, check-in procedures
Afternoon: start trekking to Cat Cat Village, about 45 minutes walk from Sapa, this is the village of Black H’Mong hill tribe. The village is on the slope of the hill and easy walking, rice and corn are grown here. Visiting Cat Cat village, you will have a chance to visit a big waterfall on the stream and the old Hydro Electric Power Station built by French people. That is the image of young women sitting by looms with colorful pieces of brocade decorated with designs of flowers and birds. When these pieces of brocade are finished, they are dyed and embroidered with beautiful designs. A note worthy is that H’Mong women use indigo plants and leaves to dye these brocade fabrics. And then they roll around and smooth section of wood covered with wax on fabrics to polish them, making their colors durable. Evening: After dinner, you are free to explore the charm of Sapa by night, enjoy roasted corn, baked eggs beside charcoal fire or go shopping. Especially on Saturday night, we highly recommend a stop at the Love Market which is one of unique cultures of ethnic minorities HMong, Dzao in Lao Cai in particular and North West of Vietnam in general. Dinner and overnight at hotel in Sapa.
Day 2: Lao Chai and Ta Van villages – Homestay (Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner)
09h00: After breakfast, we start trekking down to Lao Chai village of Black H’mong ethnic people. Here we will discover their daily life and how they make traditional clothes, handicraft, indigo… We will visit the biggest valley which provides the best view for golden rice terraced fields in Vietnam. After Lao Chai we walk to Ta Van village of Dzay people. It is a small group of ethnic people in Vietnam with a rich culture and beautiful houses located on rice paddy fields. Lao Chai & Ta Van Villages, about 8 km from Sapa town, where black H’mong and Giay people are living, it is also the beginning of the valley which is called Muong Hoa. From a high point of the main road, great view of the whole villages open wide to offer the marvelous panorama views, backed by high mountains and facing the river. Here you will enjoy the fresh air, see terraced fields and stream, discover and visit some of Black H’mong families. You will have a welcome feeling at any house of the hospitable people there. You can interact them, learn about their culture and customs… 12h00: Have lunch along Muong Hoa river in Lao Chai village, you will continue along the bottom of the valley to get to Dzay tribe village of Ta Van to experience their way of life while staying in a local family’s cottage. Dinner and overnight at homestay in Ta Van village
Day 3: Dzang Ta Chai village – Hanoi (Breakfast/ Lunch)
After breakfast, we continue to visit Red Dzao people at Dzang Ta Chai village where we also see a waterfall. The Red Dzao women have very colorful red embroidery and coins on their clothing. On their head they wear a red scarf. Some of them have shaved off their eyebrows because of a nice Red Zao Legend. We will walk to the rice paddy fields where we’ll have a nice photo session of the amazing surrounding landscapes. A trek through the bamboo forest soon follows which gives you the experience of Vietnam tropical jungle. Along the way, we will stop by a waterfall to have a panorama view of Dzang Ta Chai village and have lunch. Then walk to the main road to take a bus back to Sapa. 15h00: Back to Sapa and free time at leisure… 16h00: It‘s time to say “Good bye Sapa!” and drive back to Hanoi. Along the way, once again you have a chance to enjoy the magical beauty of the northwest mountains. 21h30: We arrive in Hanoi. End of services!!!
- Modern air – conditioning bus with comfortable seats from Hanoi – Sapa and return
- 2 bottles of water, tissue / 2 ways/person on bus Ha Noi – Sapa – Ha Noi
- Modern bus in Sapa with experienced drivers
- English speaking tour guide escorted Hanoi – Sapa – Hanoi, local guide in Sapa
- Meals as 2 dinners, 3 lunches, 2 breakfasts
- All entrance tickets to indicated sites
- 1 night at Panorama Hotel (3 star) or similar (Deluxe room on twin sharing base) & 1 night at homestay at Lao Chai Village with basic single bed (hot water, mosquito net, blanket)
- Insurance during the time on bus
- Beverages, travel insurance, VAT, personal expenses
- Others not clearly mentioned above
- Old people, kids should not attend the long trek (9 kms)
- You may stay overnight at homestay for 1st night or you may do on 2nd night. Our tour leader will inform you on bus to Sapa.
Thing to bring
- Warm clothes, scarf, hat, cap because the weather in Sapa is pretty unpredictable. It is normally cold in September, October, November, December, January, February and March
- Due to altitude of Sapa, it is sometimes foggy in December, January, February and March.
- Trekking shoes, sun glasses, sun cream, insect repellent are also necessary. You should take cash with you in Vietnam Dong because banking system in Sapa sometimes doesn’t function well. US Dollar, Euro, Australia Dollar are accepted in Sapa.
- You should take medicine with you although there are some chemist’s shops in Sapa in case you get sick.
- Homestay’s facilities are not as in hotel in Sapa.